complete noob wanting to build my first comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperlite89

Solid State Member
I read all the stickies about building and choosing parts and everything above. I am still a little lost so i was wondering if you guys can choose the best possible computer for me. I am starting to get into some gaming so i want it to be able to play games. I dont want to overclock. I also will be using it for school so nothing too fancy. I would like it between $500-$700 if possible. Remember i am just starting to get into gaming so nothing fancy please.

I don't know really if I could help you. $500 to $700 is kind of a small budget to incorporate gaming into. If you already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard and some speakers... I guess you could build a cheap PC (Email, Web, Word Processing... etc...) But when you consider a video card for gaming... You're adding at least $150 to $300. That's a huge chunk of your budget.

There are probably some guys here in TF that will help you find something... It'll be cheap... But it could work... Good Luck.

It is perfectly do-able to build a decent gaming PC with 700 dollars. 500 is a little low. If you need to get a monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse it is a different story.

I have a moniter,keyboard and mouse and speakers already so that doesnt need to be included into the price.

I also should mention that im in college and im going to be a graphics designer. Nothing moving just still graphics and logos and stuff.

Maybe get from monarchcomputer.com or mave.com as most other sites charge tax to california shipments; if you're spending 700$ that's about 50$ in tax.
I would say go to monarchcomputer.com and get a combo motherboard/cpu where they install it for you for free with:
AMD 3200 Skt. 939 Retail CPU
MSI K8N Neo4-F Motherboard
Around 250$ combined

then get:
Video card - 6600GT - 130$
Hard drive - Seagate/Western Digital 80Gig or 120Gig - 60-80$
Case - You pick, around 50$
PSU - Fortron Source 450W 50$
Lite On DVD drive (around 25$)
1Gb Corsair Value Select RAM - 70$

Comes to about 700$ w/ shipping

Ooh, but also remember you'll need an operating system like windows xp home edition or something

This computer build is similar to mine (same CPU, Motherboard, Graphics card) and I can play Half Life 2 and CS:Source on all high settings smoothly
Far Cry on max settings
BF:2 Medium/High settings
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 max settings
etc. , etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom