compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
when i'm browsing newegg right, to search for high end computer parts right, how do i know which mobo is compatible with which casing so that all the fans on the mobo are placed accordingly to the vents/holes in the chassis.

and how do i know which power supply is compatible with which mobo or chassis, bcuz i heard u need a certain kind of PSU which has special PCI-E connectors which is used to power an SLI setup.

Ok that was a bit hard to understand but i think i understood what you were trying to say. Mobos sold on newegg are almost all "ATX" format of some sort.

Full ATX Cases and Mid-Size ATX cases fit regular ATX Mobos

While Micro ATX Mobos will fit all the cases.
Also you said so that the fans on the Mobo. Fans are compatible with the case. It's how many Holes there are in the case for fans. So if the case says 2x 120mm fans that means you coould buy any motherboard that is compatible with the case. Since the mobo doesnt mess with case fans.

well the powersupply doesnt have to have pci-e connectors, because most new graphics cards come with special 4 pin to pci-e adapters.

And with the motherboard you can jst get any motherboard that isnt micro atx and stick in a mid-tower, or full tower which are the two most common.

there are many mobo form factor at,baby at,atx,micro atx,btx most of the mobo's on newegg will be atx however you can spot a microatx because of its size and it will problal only have like 3 pci slots it should also say if its an atx board anyways. microatx will fit in all atx cases, ie. microtower, mid, and full towers. but you might find it more roomy on a full. Also i think you mean that if your mobo supports an x# of fans. if your case comes with two 120mm fans then it means you can connect them onto your motherboard fan slots( 3 pins sticking out of the mobo) or it will have a molex adapter. In other words match atx boards to atx towers and btx board to btx towers, at board aren't made anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom