Compatibility check-- buying on July 1st

xK1LLSW1TCHx127

Baseband Member
Hey Guys, so this is it, I am ordering parts in one week for my first build. I've been researching for at least two months and I am fairly confident I have done a good job finding the right parts for my build, but, before I order, I want to know what you guys think. The rig is for homework (microsoft office), web browsing, photo editing, JDK, lots of winrawr and (eventually) a bit of gaming. Moderate OC (4ghz when needed)

CPU: i5 3570k (picking up from microcenter for $190)
MB: ASrock z77 extreme4 (newegg)
RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws x1600 mhz, 1.5v (newegg)
PSU: OCZ ZT 650W (newegg)
HDD: 4x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm in RAID 0+1 (already bought)
Heatsink: CM Hyper 212 EVO (newegg)
Case: Corsair Carbide 500r white or HAF XM (Help me choose please?)
Video Card: HIS IceQ 7850 (will add in a few months)

What do you think? Which Case? and my biggest concern in the ram and heatsink not fitting together, or the heatsink being too big for the case. The parts i chose should all fit together correct?

Thanks!! Really excited to hear back from the community :big_smile:

Looks good but I would rethink that OCZ PSU. Just my thoughts on that matter.

I hate the HAF cases so my vote is for the Corsair :thumbsup:
You will have no problems fitting the heatsink in either case you choose, and it shouldn't be a problem at all with RAM either.

Looks good but I would rethink that OCZ PSU. Just my thoughts on that matter.

I hate the HAF cases so my vote is for the Corsair :thumbsup:
You will have no problems fitting the heatsink in either case you choose, and it shouldn't be a problem at all with RAM either.

Any recommendations for a PSU around the same price and same wattage? Thanks! I agree, HAF is ugly but the XM is excellent apparently, but the Carbide is so pretty!
I can get a Corsair PSU around the same price IF i can fit corsair vengeance RAM with the heat spreaders in there. I know the Vengeance RAM is really tall, think i can put the ram in there without interfering with the Hyper 212 EVO?

Back
Top Bottom