Compare 3 OC'd Bundles or Ideal parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

geforce8800

Banned
Bundle 1: *OVERCLOCKED* AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz @ 3.80GHz / Asus Crosshair III Formula Motherboard / Corsair XMS3 DHX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9DHX Bundle [] Overclocked Bundles AMD Bundles

OcUK Overclocked Bundles feature carefully selected components tested to assure compatability & stability, guaranteeing the integrity of the overclock.

We worry about the fiddling and tweaking, you just enjoy the performance.

This bundle ships pre-built and pre-overclocked direct from our Technical Department. All you need to do is attatch the CPU cooler and power it up.

- Maximum Speed
- Maximum Stability
- Maximum Compatibility
- Maximum Overclocking

This Bundle contains the following components:

1 X AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz Overclocked to 3.80GHz!
1 X Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
1 X Corsair XMS3 DHX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9DHX Twin3X
1 X Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler CPU Cooler
1 X Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

Note - All Bundles are built and installed on demand and usually ship within 48 hours of the order being placed. During exceptionally busy periods this time can increase by 48 hours.

Note - Please note that adding in additional memory to the spare slots will require new BIOS settings and the maximum clock speed attainable may be significantly reduced.

Note - The bundle operates above manufacturer specifications, as such it requires a quality power supply to operate with guaranteed stability. OcUK recommend a quality brand PSU for use with all our bundles such as the Corsair TX & HX range.
You may also be interested in:

Bundle 2:
*OVERCLOCKED* AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz @ 3.60GHz / Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Motherboard / OCZ Platinum AMD Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C7 Bundle [] Overclocked Bundles AMD Bundles

OcUK Overclocked Bundles feature carefully selected components tested to assure compatability & stability, guaranteeing the integrity of the overclock.

This bundle ships pre-built and pre-overclocked direct from our Technical Department. All you need to do is attatch the CPU cooler and power it up.

- Maximum Speed
- Maximum Stability
- Maximum Compatibility
- Maximum Overclocking

1 X AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz Overclocked to 3.60GHz!
1 X Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
1 X OCZ Platinum AMD Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C7
1 X Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler CPU Cooler

Note - All Bundles are built and installed on demand and usually ship within 48 hours of the order being placed. During exceptionally busy periods this time can increase by 48 hours.

Note - Please note that adding in additional memory to the spare slots will require new BIOS settings and the maximum clock speed attainable may be significantly reduced.

Note - The bundle operates above manufacturer specifications, as such it requires a quality power supply to operate with guaranteed stability. OcUK recommend a quality brand PSU for use with all our bundles such as the Corsair TX & HX range.

Budle 3:
*WATERCOOLED* AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition 3.40GHz @ 3.80GHz / Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX Motherboard / Geil Ultra Series 4GB PC3-17000 2133MHz Bundle [] Overclocked Bundles AMD Bundles

Representing the cream of the crop of today's bleeding edge performance hardware, OcUK's 'Extreme Bundles' are selected to satisfy the needs of the most demanding enthusiast. Available with three different levels of overclock your ideal bundle is just one option away.

This bundle ships pre-built and pre-overclocked direct from our Technical Department. All you need to do is attach the CPU cooler and power it up.

- Maximum Speed
- Maximum Stability
- Maximum Compatibility
- Maximum Overclocking

1 X AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition 3.40GHz @ 3.80GHz
1 X Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX DDR3 Motherboard
1 X Geil Ultra Series 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-17000 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit (GU34GB2133C9DC)
1 X Corsair H50-1 High-Performance CPU Watercooler
1 X Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound

-------------------
Additional Parts:
Probably a new PSU is needed, and probably gonna keep my Geforce8800 GT 512mb GPU, monitor, keyboard/mouse for a while to save money.

or if you have any other ideas to get a better specs/parts within my budget range of £400 i would appreciate it. Thnx

supported (3-way SLI or watever that will help the gaming performance)

I'm not very good with your form of currency, so I can't help much there. I do want to point out, that neither of the motherboards support SLI, since they're AMD chipsets. You'll either need to go to an ATI card for future crossfire support, or find a different motherboard, with an Nvidia chipset that supports SLI. The 8800GT will work with them, but you will have no support for SLI in the future.

In my opinion the third one is out of the question since you pay 50£ more for the same frequency, unless you're planning to make a further OC and the water cooling will be handy, but in that case why not build yourself and OC?

coz i have no idea how to overclock the system :-s and i'm afraid to do it coz i might just do something wrong and ruin the system instead of overclocking it.

apart from bundle 3 or the 3 bundles do you have any other recommendation with in a budget of £400 or $655 £ converted to $.

OC'ing isn't as hard as you think. There's tons of guides out there, and people on here would gladly help you if you needed it.

really? well before overclock i probably need parts first. so please give some parts that are ideal for gaming within the given budget above.

really? well before overclock i probably need parts first. so please give some parts that are ideal for gaming within the given budget above.

Yeah, the only thing you're paying the premium for is for them to install the CPU and go into the BIOS and up the "multiplier" on the CPU. Also the 3rd one is more, 'cause it comes with a self-contained "CPU water cooling" solution. While the idea was good, most self-contained water coolers are not properly executed when designed and built. I've actually looked at the Corsair H-50, 'cause someone local was selling one. They do seem to do a good job, but a TRUE 120 or similar would do just as good, if not better for around the same price.

Since I can comment on the price, I'd have to say they're not as bad as I expected they'd be, however I'd have to reiterate what others have said and say that the watercooling isn't worth it and you should just OC it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom