common build problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
finnaly someonewho wants to help lol. Ok thanks, ill be sure to watch out for those things, and ground myself to the case. Plus the price difference in the CPU isn't the only place you save with AMD. I have an $88 AM2 board picked out, a substantial $30 less than the cheapest core 2 duo board, and it has 2 pci-e slots, no core 2 duo boards as of yet have that. If they had some quality motherboards for around $100 it would be a better decision, but i have a budget that im almost busting with what i have now, i can't afford anything more.

i did this my first build...dont screw the motherboard right into the case lol.

You prolly know that already but i overlooked it lol

-make sure that your IDE cables and floppy specifically are plugged in the right way.. I had my floppy turned the wrong way and couldn't install my RAID drivers for about a day till I figured the problem out.

i see a lot of things where people use floppy's, is that something i might want in a new build for drivers and things? I don't use a floppy on any other computers.

I don't think anybody really uses floppy's anymore; all the software is on CD/DVD these days.

Get one if you want one (I found a sony for £3.60ish so they are hardly expensive) if not don't worry you will be fine with out it. Unless you have some old software on floppy that you cannot burn to another format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom