Comfirmation before I place my order

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, PATA stands for parallel ATA which = IDE. SATA on the other hand is Serial ATA and that is newere and supposedly better than IDE.

I would have to suggest AGAINT getting a MAXTOR HDD.... Personally, I use only Seagate... I dislike Western Digital, but I would HIGHLY recommend one over a MAXTOR drive.

don't listen to what they say about maxtors. its just another one of those things like XFX where people think they're terrible but prolly have never owned one so have no idea. besides, i think WD only has a 3 year warranty too, but i'm not sure.

Uh listen buddy, I've owned Maxtor before and to be honest with you, there SH!T. My friend had a 120GB from Maxtor with all sorts of important documents, pictures, family video. Dead, never got em' back, unless you want to pay hundreds possibly up to $1000 for data. I'd rather spend the extra $10 for ywo more years. A few of my Maxtor hard drives (which I regret) are dying or already dead. As for XFX, they use cheaper parts with there cards.

Yea, stick with either a Western Digital (WD) or Seagate, and go with S-ATA technology.

Also, I'd only reccomend DFI, but I guess that motherboard would work too.

Lastly, the CPU is a good choice, but the accompanying components are rather poor in quality, and I'd suggest that you up the quality in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom