Combining CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
How does someone combine more than one CPU? I'm not talking Dual-Core CPUs or Quad-processor Mobos. I mean like a system that has like 10xAthlon 64s or w/e. Obviously it would function as a server, but how would someone go about it?

The best way would be to run a linux cluster, where you have many computers, called nodes, all networked together and have a server control them. Its called parallel programing, the server splits up the data and gives it to all the nodes to process. I am an admin for one at my school, its used to render 3d animations. If you have never done anything like this i wouldnt suggest doin it on your own.

So theres no way to have a computer using more than on motherboard that can function as one complete computer?

Flanker said:
So theres no way to have a computer using more than on motherboard that can function as one complete computer?

Some university students ran made a custom mobo and ran some Athlon XP's or 64's in multiprocessor, but nothing on the consumer market can do this.

Clustered computing is the closest thing you can get, before having multiprocessor servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom