which combination will be better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that...Nvidia's 6 and 7 series were nothing to laugh about lol. Their FX series was a joke but they learned from their mistakes.

Definitly B since if u get a 7600gt now, in half a year u will go get ur self a 8800,

B is best for XP Gaming by far, 1gb ram is fine

if your running windows vista A would only be good for general purposes but with A u will still be buying 2 video cards all togetha, cuz it wont be long until u need a new card,

get B, u shouldent touch A just save for some ram later

Exactly! You will find yourself wanting to upgrade that 7600GT within a matter of almost as soon as you get it and then to compete with newer games you'll have to pay out the *** for a video card, then he'll have wasited 109 bucks or whatever.

7600GT in no way will be able to handle games that will come out from now on. It is able to handle the games right now at 1200x1000 barley but my OC'd 7900GS has trouble with oblivion at 1440x900. I get like 45 FPS with it...i can't imagine a step down in performance for future games.

^^ Games like Oblivion wont come out for along time, especially that high in graphics but i bet u get 45fps when ur looking over a whole city or something, indoors ud get well over 100fps i got a friend who uses a 128mb 6600GT and he gets like 110fps indoors and like 25 looking over a city or on top of a mountain over a ton of trees.

7600GT will be fine for fps games at 1024x768 with high detail for 1-2 years (at least until crysis comes out) then u would be lookin for a new one. im running a 7300GS and i run games like half life 2 and cs:s high settings 1024x768 <-- thats all u need, u dont need anythin over 1200resolutions unless ur on some 30" LCD

Um..oblivion came out literally a year ago and they have plenty of games lined up to be just as powerful as it very soon. We aren't taking steps back in games here and I understand that at 1024x840 it can handle it ok indoors but a lot of time you spend outdoors as well and most people like to play at a higher res.

I wouldn't mess with a 7600GT on a budget like this.

ohh i made a mistake, i mean to say there wont be games similer to oblivion for awhile due to how big the game is, maby a year ull get somethin like it probly dx10 as well

and im not saying to get the 7600GT deal, totally go with the 8800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom