COD4 taking ages to load is this right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ide hard drive alrite ill check that too. the pc itself seems slow and freezes sometimes. This is my third time re-installin the game and gets to the same point and stops... actually Error 1305 is after coming up now its really annoying. How do i check the bios for the drives are right what am i looking for in the bios ???? sorry new to this

With your IDE make sure the motherboard side of the cable is in the motherboard. I had mine backwards and it caused the hard drive to run ata33.

For the bios check your manual. But with mine I just set mine to auto. I had it set to none to test some stuff and forgot to change it back. The drive was detected by Windows but it caused the drive to run at about a 10th the speed it should of.

I have the ide cable correct ill try something with the bios what am i setting to auto ?? Also i have a sata dvd rom should i have the sata cable on the yellow sata socket or the purple, purple being sata 2 ? have mine in the yellow

You want the IDE master 1 or wherever you have it set to auto. It probably is but it doesn't hurt to check.

Oh right yep thats set to master alright. Don't know why it wont play. I tried to play a dvd in the drive and it says Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection. Whats that all about ?

No still wont install maybe the game is faulty. Don't know anyone else with a gaming pc to try it in theirs. This is the first game i bought so dont have any others to try well apart from Lost Planet which came with the graphics card but that has to load through steam and i keep getting server errors on that too.

It's possible that your CPU is underclocking because of a faulty HSF install. It's actually rather common, use CPU-Z to check your frequency and CoreTemp to check your temps. If you find CPU-Z is telling you that your Q6600 is running at 1.6 GHz it means the above is true, Reseat the HSF (making sure to remove thermal paste) and it will be peachy keen. If it's not this, then... darn.... condolences.

I have run CPU-Z and its @ 2.4Ghz but it says when i click on the memory that its ~ 533 when i should have 1066Mhz. Also when i click on SPD it says Max Bandwidth PC2-6400(400Mhz) and i have PC2-8500 ram why is this ?

It does take a while, took around 1/2 to 2/3 of an hour on my machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom