COD4 taking ages to load is this right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe1

Baseband Member
I bought call of duty 4 today and loading it here the last 10-15 mins and about a third of it has loaded so far. Its only a new pc with 2gb ram q6600 cpu so cant take this long can it ????

loading as in installing? yes it could take that long.
loading as in loading the game to play? no, it actually loads very quickly. especially if you open it thru xfire.

COD4 loads very quickly. You might want to uninstall and then reinstall it.

Sorry meant installing it. Its now about 20 mins in and has still only a third of it installed. The pc isn't as fast as i was expecting either only finished building it this week.

i'd restart the install. it should be more than 1/3 done after 20 minutes. it maaayyyybe took that long for me to install the entire game. it should definitely be making noticable progress...if it's not, somethings wrong and i suggest starting over.
ctrl+alt+delete and look at performance, see if your cpu is being utilized. also check applications in there and make sure it doesnt say "not responding" by COD4

Took me 3-4 hours to install CoD4 on this PC, but that's including downloading the entire game through steam....

DUDE^^
total hijack....
the dark tower series...awesome...my favorite series from ANY author.
noice.
i am thinking of writing a screenplay for those books. i have it working in my head already.

If your using IDE hard drives, make sure the cables are put in right. Also check to make sure the bios for the drives are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom