COD MW2 running sluggish on a 4870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it run on the highest? My brother's wanting to buy a new video card (Upgrading from an 8600GTS 512MB), and your monitor resolution's the same as his.

Well I find the 4850 runs anything maxed with no AA (even crysis warhead till the last level, then it drops below 24fps and I turn some stuff to gamer) MW2 runs perfectly fine, though it is just a port so its kind of a bad gauge. Fully satisfied with it though, quiet, cool 43c idle, 65c load, which I was surprised by since many people said they had overheating issues. Does everything I wanted it to perfectly fine.

IMO get a 5770, around the 4870 performance, dx11, and only $40 more. Pretty much the only reason I got this card was cause the 1gb version was on sale for $119.99 when I bought it, two weeks later it was $189.99 for some reason. Now I don't think you can even buy it :( (from newegg at least).

On topic:

Yeah could be the PSU, friend's 6pin on his 4890 came loose somehow and it really threw off his performance. I was getting better FPS with a 4850, finally figured it out after a while.

It was clipping again last night with online. Was running 91fps, but it seemed like it needed to get warmed up first before it finally leveled off.. It was running about 36* during the game sitting at about 91fps.

Slightly OC'd card. 765/900 IIRC.. The rig itself is running at 3.7g with the PCIE clocked to 102 int eh bios. I can try upping it to 110.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom