COD MW2 running sluggish on a 4870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, every three months? That's a little excessive, don't you think? lol

And that is one cool running computer.. I thought mine ran cool... All water cooled?

^ Yeah.. all water.. The CPU hardly gets above 40*c unless I'm Burn testing or something. I think I dropped the clock back down to 3.4g... Don't remember.. I only run that twice and call it good if it handles it. Tweak your fan on your card. Mine would game @ 77*c and the fan tweak kept it down to about 60... and took 2-10 min to really cool back down after unloaded. Check the PC Cooling section under tweaking. I started a liquid case gallery in there, if you want to see more pics.

And no I haven't reinstalled the game.. I don't think I'll lose all my data this time with the Steam account. I've had the game a week.. Took three days to beat (2 hrs a clip on Normal)

Maybe I'm just getting to finally see some of the minor PFS 'misses' with the card.. Maybe it IS time to upgrade to xFire..

OH! Here's my monitor info.. Maybe that's the issue? Refresh rate maybe..

Viewsonic 20" Widescreen.. VA2026W

# Recommended Resolution: 1680 x 1050
# Viewing Angle: 170°(H) / 160°(V)
# Brightness: 300 cd/m2
# Contrast Ratio: DC 2000:1(1000:1)
# Horizontal Refresh Rate: 30kHz - 82kHz
# Vertical Refresh Rate: 50Hz - 75Hz
# Panel: Active Matrix, TFT LCD
# Display Type: WSXGA+
# Model #: VA2026W

BUMP...

Any idea as far as how decent my monitor is?? May this be an issue? I'll mess with the game more this weekend when I have time off from class..

Viewsonic 20" Widescreen.. VA2026W

# Recommended Resolution: 1680 x 1050
# Viewing Angle: 170°(H) / 160°(V)
# Brightness: 300 cd/m2
# Contrast Ratio: DC 2000:1(1000:1)
# Horizontal Refresh Rate: 30kHz - 82kHz
# Vertical Refresh Rate: 50Hz - 75Hz
# Panel: Active Matrix, TFT LCD
# Display Type: WSXGA+
# Model #: VA2026W

Hmm MW2 runs fine for me, on a 4850, monitor's only at 1280x1024 though. Dragon age does that to me sometimes though, just randomly drops in FPS, quick save and restarting the game solves it though.

Hmm MW2 runs fine for me, on a 4850, monitor's only at 1280x1024 though. Dragon age does that to me sometimes though, just randomly drops in FPS, quick save and restarting the game solves it though.

How does it run on the highest? My brother's wanting to buy a new video card (Upgrading from an 8600GTS 512MB), and your monitor resolution's the same as his.

^ I had a an 8600 GTX for a short time before I bought my 4870 and that card played crysis.. The first one! :D I was surprised, but once the action got hectic, it would freeze up. I'd imagine that the 8600 would run pretty good, no idea compared to the 4850, though.

Turn up fan speed in ati control panel.

Overclock the card.

Make sure game is patched.

Try turning down AA or AF.

Liquid cooled running @ 35*c -gaming

it is

no idea..

2x...

I'm running 1680 x 1050 on the 20"... The window isn't completely expanded to the monitor, though.. it's odd, it's almost all the way in the monitor and a slice not..

Wattage doesn't matter, some psu's are bad to begin with, others lose stability over time and begin to output voltages below/above the ATX allowed variances.

Inconsistent voltages can cause many errors/problems and even damage or kill hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom