CMOS checksum bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
I am building a new computer for my cousin. Basic parts are Intel Pentium-D 950, ECS 945P-A, regular DDR2 memory, and a PNY Geforce FX5200 VCGFX522PPB Video Card. All of the items are from Fry's. When I put all the parts together and booted the system, it post and I get a CMOS checksum bad. Press F1 to enter setup. I enter the setup and loaded BIOS defaults. When I press save, it loads and shuts off by itself. After about five seconds it reboots, by itself, POSTs and displays the same error. I then move the clear jumper and reset the BIOS. Same error. I then removed the battery, wait, and put it back in same error. I figured the board is messed up so I exchanged it for another one. Same problem. Now I'm stumped. I'm thinking its the whole batch at Fry's that has the same problem. Any suggestions? Also, does the PD have HT or not?

Sounds like there may be something loose... reseat all your connections and parts. once you have everything off... reset the CMOS... Then reinstall everything. If you have more than one stick of ram, use only one, once you get all the reseating done. After all that then I would return it for a different board. (Non-ECS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom