Clueless dad seeks help on a gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I wasnt really expecting such an overwhelming reply! Thank you all for the builds and the advice. I notice that Synergy liked the build that hikaricloud came up with, and as it is the closest to my budget hikari's sounds the best so far. You seem pretty confident that it will work for what he wants, which is great considering the low budget.

If I could scrape together another 300 or so, what upgrades to that build would you recommend? Just so that I know any weak points it may have. Naturally, you have already helped me quite a bit and I really appreciate the help!

As far as the actual purchasing goes, I was under the opinion that ordering through a store would be the cheapest. Then again those sites you are putting up may be a better way to go. Then comes the actual building of the computer itself. If (and when) I need any help I will be sure to let you all know.

if you can increase your budget go for a better GPU and additional Ram

find out for sure what games he wants to play... if he wants to play crysis we have a problem here
a for sure list of games would be very helpful

Did you need drives and OS? If not you're into i7 territory now....1300-1400 without an OS is a nice rig here in Canada. Also, where are you located just out of curiosity? Province/city?

Sorry to keep pestering you guys, but I was just starting to put in my order and it looks like the deal that you mentioned has expired hibiki. Would you mind sending me a link to the two parts that your build had mentioned in that deal? I just cant see them anymore. Thanks again.

Oh, and I am living in Wainwright, Alberta right now to answer your question.

Ah...no stupid oil jokes, i promise.

K, Alberta is good because if you order from ncix.com you won't get charged pst which means you'll save alteast the shipping costs on your rig. Unless you have a bad experience from ncix.com I'd recommend shopping there and using their price match feature.....you'll save atleast a $100 either back into your pocket or the difference between a good and a kick arse video card.

Step 1) Figure your build out, don't worry about links right now.

Step 2) Go to ncix.com and add each item into your cart individually, go to your cart when you are done, scroll down and click the "price match" button.

Step 3) Go to shopbot.ca and search the item number of each product

Step 4) Go back to your cart and in the supplied area add the link and lowest price for each item.

Step 5) Update cart

Step 6) Check out

Step 7) Save your money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom