Clueless dad seeks help on a gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't price match that combo deal there, if you ask me. The GPU/HDD? It seems unlikely.

No, I doubt they would, it's a good deal, i added them to the ncix cart as individual items. That combo is what kept it reasonable at newegg.ca as at ncix, even with the price match it's still $60 more for those two items. The killer with newegg.ca is the S&H, it was over $200 vs ncix.com's $50! Highway robbery.

The savings would be negated by the S&H fees, to ship that combo alone is still $49.00 and that is to my postal code in toronto. So the savings are wasted there....the above build would have been well over $200 in S&H fees except they had a couple of those items on special with free or cheap shipping. It's too bad because newegg.ca has the best...all around average prices i think, they've started to get better the past month or so and are now relatively consistently in the few lowest for most components. Unfortunately the S&H kills that.

Yea, kills it indeed. I had NO idea shipping was that much to you guys. That makes a substantial difference. That's like 20% of the cost of the entire build...outrageous. At that point it might be worth looking at [censored] a Dell or pre-built. [/censored]

Yea, kills it indeed. I had NO idea shipping was that much to you guys. That makes a substantial difference. That's like 20% of the cost of the entire build...outrageous. At that point it might be worth looking at [censored] a Dell or pre-built. [/censored]

Yha, a 260 and a 750tx

ne.jpg

Edit 1
Priced out at ncix, and shipping was 5 bucks less.

Edit 2

Just priced it to Michigan....... Cost 8 bucks more than the order. So only a grand total of
296.57 USD = 373.772 CAD
United States Dollars Canada Dollars

Yeah, I would expect it to be higher than most as its from California but they are also rolling taxes into that amount. In Ontario here we have a sales tax of 13% (was 15% a year ago) but that is made up of two taxes, provincial and federal. When you buy out of province you only need to charge the federal tax, like when i buy from ncix which is based in British Columbia i only pay the 5% federal tax. For some reason newegg.ca charges the full tax amount in every province. I can't find an ontario base or anything that they are working out of so I think this may be a cash grab on their part...they are too big for it to be an oversight so I don't know. The other US stores i buy from don't charge it either.

I'm no tax expert though so i could be wrong...

I'm not tax expert but it could be that within the country out of province purchases don't require the provincial sales taxes while out of country purchases do. Although like I said before, other places i've purchased from in the sates have not charged these large fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom