clock speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWood88

Baseband Member
I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit, i'm looking at building my pc and i'm noticing different video cards have different clock speeds. This may sound like a stupid question, but is it better to have a higher or lower clock speed? This is my first time and I want to get the best performance i can for my money.

Well it really depends on what card, generaly in video cards the higher MHz clock rate the better, but sometimes its not working that way because theres always the parameter of how much work does the GPU do per a cycle, some do more work per cycle so they need less speed to do same work as a weak card would do on higher clock speeds.

It would be easier if you specified to what cards are you looking to buy ;) .

-Jo.

Just make sure you get a pci-express video card with at least 24 pixel pipelines and has around a 500 mhz core clock speed.

Saint71 said:
Just make sure you get a pci-express video card with at least 24 pixel pipelines and has around a 500 mhz core clock speed.

Could have just said a 7900gt.

Also there are other options under ati if you play at higher resolutions because I have been told Ati looks and plays better at higher resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom