cleaning block or loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
I have had a wc set-up for about a half a year and I was wondering I didn't used distled water for my loop and then I was wondering would this effect my cooling properties? I am gonna get a new case really really soon and I am about to swap all of the water out is there a way I can clean my block so I know for a fact it won't get blocked. or whatever? I also got a question what are accelerator nozzles, I never really got into those but I got a set and was wondering what they do. Also how do I install them? Thanks
~Grim

Accelerator nozzles are put in by removing the top of the block and putting it beneath the inlet. It's like putting your thumb over the end of a garden hose to make the water squirt faster and further by restricting the flow. Creates more turbulance and cools better since more molecules of water are getting heat.

I hope you put in some anti-freeze in your loop. If you're running JUST non-distilled water then......yeesh, I'm surprised you dont have something fierce growing in there.

If you do have nasty crap everywhere then just look for what nitestick said. Do a search on what products are considered biocides, search for that products name and see if any retail stores carry it. You just basically need something that's acidic in nature but won't hurt metals or plastics.

I got zelex as my anti-freeze stuff. also I was wondering I got different kind of accelerator nozzles which ones are the best.

do a search on it. I know it's been covered at XS many times.

#4 or #5 are supposed to be the best with 5 being more prone to clogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom