Clarification on video graphics setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you have now? Your best bet would be to get a G71 when it comes out (7900 most likely) which should be very soon. When the G80cores come out you will like well i should wait for the 9900 and so on. So just get something now and dont worry about it. Something to worry about even before PPUs is DX Avalon support. Im not so sure on this PPU thing even though it looks promising. It looks like your adding another video card to your system though. We'll have to just wait because speculation can add up to false hopes.

But can you imagine a DirectX 10, 8800GT SLI, PhysX, X2 Dual Core Game Patch GAMEPLAY??!!! holy daamn...

oh god i just had an orgasm:D

What do you have now?

Well right now ive only bought the case and power supply. The system im using for general use is ancient technology. Ive got a athlon XP 2000+, and a GeForce 5200....its freaking hilarious how old that is. The rest of the computer isnt worth mentioning

Something to worry about even before PPUs is DX Avalon support.

ok man youve lost me! What on earth is Avalon support?

Ounce again the XP line is not ancient. I used to use one for a LAN computer and it ran everything fine. Avalon would be DX10 which will be coming out w/ the Ultimate edition of Vista round 2007.

ok so my definition of ancient may be a little different, but in terms of "computer years", the technology has been way surpassed.

Avalon would be DX10 which will be coming out w/ the Ultimate edition of Vista round 2007.

Ok, just in case you havent noticed the "virgin techie" this statement doesnt mean anything to me. Are there some laymens terms for what you just said?

K the DierctX 9c you use now w/ games, its DirectX 10 basicaly. When Windows Vista comes out (new version of windows) it will come out first w/ DirectX 9d then in 07 when the Ultimate edition of Vista comes out it will have Avalon or DirectX10.

Cool thanks for the explanation. Well that sucks that the DirectX 10 doesnt come out till 07'. Course I will prolly be finishing my computer by that time, cuz my cash flow is in a negative direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom