Clarification on video graphics setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

talonfighter25

Baseband Member
Ok, i thought i had my computer parts all picked out, and it was gonna be a top end system. *cough*. From what i have started reading in these forums, there is a new GeForce 8800 card coming out, and also this talk about physics cards. I hadn't really heard much about this physics card, but if someone could elaborate on it or gimme a link to read i would much appreciate it. Will it be required and should i get one??

Sorry if im repeating someones post.

What im gonna do:

Antec 550 PS
DFI Lan UT Ultra
Athlon 64 X2 4400-toledo
Seagate barracuda 160GB
OCZ 2GB(2X1GB)

is this link just a place to search for that kinda of information, or was there something specific on that link, cuz i cant find one. sorry:confused:

what a ppu... no its not required ...yet but in the future about 3-4 years yeah its going to be like how did we play games without a ppu.....

Ok, ic. So, when do you think PPU will be needed, define future?

They can just be added on later right? Into a PCI slot?

What about GeForce 8 series, anybody??? Any clue to release date, or atleast confirm that there is one coming out.

What about GeForce 8 series, anybody???
Exactly, what about the GeForce 8 series. Just buy an ATI X1900XTX or a GeForce 7800GTX 512. the GeForce 8's aren't going to be released untill late 2006 or even 2007.

yes geforce 8 is going to come out ... future needed like 1.5-2 years wanted sooner becasue games will be abole to take advantages of them

Damnit man at least try to make your sentences coherent, I have absolutely no idea what you just said. As for the video cards and physics processor units, just go for a 7800gt now (or if you really want to spend card 7800gtx 512) if you play the waiting game in the PC industry, you always be waiting for that "new technology". I havn't heard anything about physics processor units myself, but who knows.

yeah i had planned on just getting a 7800, but when people where talking about how the 7800 was only going to be top dog for only 6-8 months, it got me thinking i should just wait for the new series to come out. The reason i thought about waiting, is because it may be a while before i purchase a video card, thus the question of when and if the 8 series was coming out. I completely understand that the waiting game is futile in the computer technology world. Todays killer processor or video card is tommorrows garage sale hot list.

I guess my best bet is too wait until the 8 series comes out, if within a reasonable amount of time, and then pick up by that time the cheaper 7800 GTX 512.??? Right now the bloody video card is more expensive than the processor.:mad:

Amen to that SHIIT. Abole??? anyway...

heres a lil something about the physX card from my other post.

A PPU is a regular PCI slot device and it actually looks like an old FX5500. It does what a sound card does vs onboard audio but with physics for a video card. So it takes the load off the CPU and GPU.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=140
http://files.seriouszone.com/download.php?fileid=959

The Video is absolutely JAW DROPPING...Spoiler...real planes break stuff when they crash into it! Someones finally caught on. See for yourself!
They say in the high $200s when released...sounds like an upgrade for a later year when its more utilized and perfected.

But can you imagine a DirectX 10, 8800GT SLI, PhysX, X2 Dual Core Game Patch GAMEPLAY??!!! holy daamn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom