Christmas worries and woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeaLope

Solid State Member
A couple months ago I built my own pc, (even came here to ask a quesiton or two) and now I have a few more.

1. I have an older analog monitor, and with my 6800 xtreme it only has two DVI outputs, so I have an adapter, everything works fine, but it seems like my card isn't getting as good of a look as what others have reported with the same card. Does a digital monitor help that much? And does the adapter that I own slow it down with my current monitor? The adapter I own is a stock on that came with the video card.

2. I currently have 1 gig (2 X 512) of RAM made by Mushkin, and for christmas I want to purchase another gig, would I need to buy the exact same model for it to work together? Or is some RAM mix and match?

Asus M2N-E, 1 gig RAM mushkin, nvidia 6800 xtreme XFX, AMD 3800+ processor

You guys did great with helping me last time, and thanks in advance. I'm hoping I put this in the right section.

DVI does give a better quality picture. Plus, CRT monitor picture quality deteriorates with time. Upgrading to a good quality LCD will do wonders for you.

Buy another 2 x 512 of the same speed RAM. It doesn't have to be the same brand. 4 x 512 is not as fast as 2 x 1gig, but the difference can't be realized through normal human senses.

20.1" widescreen w/8ms response? Very nice.

You will see a huge difference.

Good Choice. Also take a look at HDCP supported monitors and ones with HDMI. As they will be the future.

crt monitors will allways give a petter performance to digitial displays. as said depending on how old the tube is is gets burn out..the corners can fade. however the crt will allways have better coloration and true blackness. also for gaming there is no ghosting witha crt monitor, however with todays technology the refreshrate is fast enough where you will not notice ghosting on any good monitor. the only real down side to a crt is well..the size. and weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom