~Christmas Build~ Advice, Help, Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great build for the money....I am trying to talk my buddy into a similar build.....enjoy your pc.

Thanks for the RAM suggestion.

I have one final question. I've heard that thermal compound should only be applied to a processor when someone wants to remove and replace a heatsink multiple times. Since I dont want to do this, is thermal compound really necessary?

Thanks for the RAM suggestion.

I have one final question. I've heard that thermal compound should only be applied to a processor when someone wants to remove and replace a heatsink multiple times. Since I dont want to do this, is thermal compound really necessary?

No thats not true. Thermal paste is to aid in heat transfer from the processor to the heatsink. I would wipe off the thermal paste that comes on your stock heatsink with a lint free cloth and some rubbing alcohol and put a pea size drop of the new stuff on your processor.

No thats not true. Thermal paste is to aid in heat transfer from the processor to the heatsink. I would wipe off the thermal paste that comes on your stock heatsink with a lint free cloth and some rubbing alcohol and put a pea size drop of the new stuff on your processor.

Shouldn't the thermal pad on the heatsink included with my processor do the job just fine though?

Ya it will do it just fine but the stock coolers aren't the greatest things in the world so it wouldn't hurt to put on the better thermal paste. It will take several degrees C off of your temps. Its a small price to pay to get much better temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom