Christmas 8800GT 256MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
Well x-mas is near and im gonna get a new vid card finally for a present anyway i was wondering about the 8800GT 256mb version and wondering if like could it support Battlefield 2142 on High settings without spikes?I dont use really big resolutions just 1280-1024 and will it be good for the future games coming out?Oh yea and im talking about the memory speed one thats set at 1600mhz.

Newegg.com - XFX PVT88PUDD4 GeForce 8800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Or should i just try and get the 512MB version.

Thanks for reading.

Its excatly the same as the 512mb version at lower resolutions, its worth the buy and of course ill run battlefield maxed out.

If your playing at low resolutions, ~1200x1000, and intend to in the far future (ie until you want to upgrade again) then the 256MB version will be almost exactly the same performance as the 512.

There might be a difference of 1-2FPS but thats about it.

Nice well ill see about the budget ima get from my sisters if its not enough ill get the 256 version if i can get a few extra bucks ill get the 512 version thanks.

If your playing at low resolutions, ~1200x1000, and intend to in the far future (ie until you want to upgrade again) then the 256MB version will be almost exactly the same performance as the 512.

There might be a difference of 1-2FPS but thats about it.

It plays the same up until 1440x900, unless its in sli, then you can go higher.

Edit: ok i saw some reviews and this card is crazy, it plays certain games better at higher resolutions than lower and other cards with more memory. Im gonna get this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom