Choppy, stuttery gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Tell us your Computer Specs... we know you have a 8*** card and a e6400... how much ram?

2. Tell us what games u r playing when it does it...

3. Are you Online when playing these games?

BTW that e6400 bottlenecking a 8800gtx...DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT!!
it could happen... but thats not ur prob...

These symptoms could be caused by a number of things. Obviously the first thing you should check is your driver versions and make sure you have the latest stable set, and also your DX9, make sure everything is up to date. Second thing I would look into is temps, which loks like you already have. Those could be lower, but shouldn't be giving you problems at those temps. Lastly I'd have to say it could be your ram holding you back. If you get some cheesey value ram, you'll know it. If your proc has no place to work (ie shitty ram) than you can't expect awesome performance.

I myself would have spent the couple extra and got the E6600, as it could possibly be the processor, but since the 8800GTX uses a new system where it actually takes a lot of the processing jobs away from the CPU, you shouldn't have a problem there.

A GTX owner with no knowledge of V-sync... (Mommy and daddy buy it???)

Your symptoms make no sense what-so-ever. Use FRAPS and get us a specific value.

A GTX owner with no knowledge of V-sync... (Mommy and daddy buy it???)

Your symptoms make no sense what-so-ever. Use FRAPS and get us a specific value.

yeah stupid ****, my mom and dad did buy it. I'm 17 years old playing computer games. what a ******* post.

And I just have some corsair value select, do you think that could really be the issue?

Give me a link to your exact RAM model, and yes, depending on the ram I do think that could be the problem.

The RAM's sole purpose is to provide a place for your processor to work. If you have little or slow value ram then you're not going to get quite as good performance as someone with faster RAM at about 2GB. Your RAM could be bottlenecking your proc which in turn would slow down the whole system (When the RAM is in use, in games and such)

And come on Benny, was that really needed? Just becuase you're jealous he gets a GTX and you're stuck with a GTS... heh.

correct me if i'm wrong...but it sounds like he should be jealous of mine.... :) I'm stunned at his lack of knowledge on such things, yet owns a $600 vid card that's all.

Yet we still fail to see a sufficient description of his problem. High fps = smooth game play...so you don't have high fps...

Everyone was new once, including you. And even if your card is OCed, his would still most likely beat yours in a 3dmark06..

I have 10k in 3dmark06, but i don't play 3dmark06. I play games... and they play smoothly, apparently his don't.

I could offer some sort of advise, but we don't have any specific symptoms other than "two steps forward, one step back"...w/e that means.

Download FRAPS, run a test, give us the results.

Here's my RAM, it says 333mhz? I don't know much about computers but when I bought it, it said 667 mhz, this has all of the timings, which I guess are what 4-4-4-12 or whatever is, so have a look and tell me if this could be the problem.
untitledip6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom