So I bought a 26" tv from bestbuy to use as my monitor and regret it greatly. Way too many resolution setting problems, so I'm going to use it as a paper weight or something and actually get a monitor.
So I went to bestbuy to look at some then went to compare at newegg, here's what I'm looking at.
This is a 22" it had a glossy screen which I actually liked a lot. I only looked at if for a few minutes, it's not on newegg and this is the cheapest I could find it. Anyone know much about it?
Gateway - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - HD2201
This is another I found at bestbuy, which I did not get a chance to actually see.
Acer - 23" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - Black - H233H bmid
It's also on newegg but actually more expensive. here it is,
Newegg.com - Acer H233Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 (ACM) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Or the same thing w/o speakers.
Newegg.com - Acer X233Hbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 (ACM) - LCD Monitors
So I've got quite a few questions...
1. Does Acer have good quality, the picture on other Acers I saw looked a little dull compared to some nicer LG and the like.
2. I have an hd4850, I'm pretty sure a 1920x1080 resolution my card would stumble and fall on more demanding games. Is this correct?
3. Anyone know much about dell's quality, a pro or con with the glossy screen? I don't have much sunlight in the room where it's at so that's not a problem. It also got good reviews on cnet.
4. With the monitor with speakers, if I have it hooked up dvi to hdmi how can I get sound? Because dvi is video only, so how would I use the monitor speakerS?
5. The 1680x1050 resolution will look good, and my hd4850 will handle it fine correct?
6. Last, the Acers say maximum and recommended at 1920x1080, even though it's recommended could I set it to a lower resolution, or would this cause problems?
Thanks in advanced, first to answer gets much rep! haha