Choosing Mobo, SLI matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So Ive been deciding between the force Asus 650i and 680i boards, and now I'm more leaning toward the 650i's based on peoples reviews and this article Nvidia nForce 650i SLI vs. nForce 680i SLI - TechSpot. However I plan to get a geforce 8800 gtx ( one of the EVGA overclocked or Xtreme overclocked cards since there only 30 more then regular ones now ) and don't really plan to Sli ( not till the future when the gtx becomes old and senile. So should I even be looking into these mother boards if I don't plan to SLI? Are they purposly made for SLI?

from my very limited knowledge the 650i is basically the same as the 680i with a few less sata and usb ports. plus they are cheaper. 650i sli ftw!

If you are looking for a motherboard, look at the 650i chipsets. The 680i chipsets just have more features that an average user won't use. Like dual or quad gigabit LAN. The 680i was meant for the enthusiasts. The 650i are better bang for your buck IMO.

They are not just "made" for SLI however it's a feature. The 650i chipset is a great board due its overclockability and other features for cheap. If you own an E63XX, or E64XX then the 965 chipset just may be a better idea if you want high overclocking becuase of the 965 liking high FSB.

The 650i and 680i are good boards regardless if you use SLI or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom