Choosing GTX or GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanzk

Solid State Member
I want to buy graphics card. Kindly help me out should I choose Nvidia 7900GTX (single) or (two) 7900GT's? In my budget I can buy one GTX or Two GT's

Thanks

SLi will not give you a huge performance boost over the GTX but there is some increase but the two cards are more expensive. I would go with the GTX. However........the M80 will be out in the not to distant future and you may want to buy just a 7900GT. I have a BFG 7900GT that oc's without any difference in core temps at 550/1600!! It will do any game at the highest settings. Save your money for the next generation DX10 complaint cards.

or if you dont want to spend like 300 dollar for the 7900GT then buy the G80 later u can just get the 7600 now coz its cheaper and it runs new games fine

2 x 7900GTs WILL give you a huge performance boost.

A single 7900GT CO Superclocked ($340) gives the X1900XT a run for it's money. Two of those for ($680), and maybe even overclocked a little more, would be better than dual X1900XTs.

I would go with a cheaper card now and hold out until the 8800, as DX10 is looking nice and you will not have that with the 7 series.

Green Radience said:
2 x 7900GTs WILL give you a huge performance boost.

A single 7900GT CO Superclocked ($340) gives the X1900XT a run for it's money. Two of those for ($680), and maybe even overclocked a little more, would be better than dual X1900XTs.

bet that changes in a 06 benchmark. But your right it does in games now.

Who cares about 3DMark dude? 3DMark05 has been ATI biased for most of it's life, and while '06 is a better benchmark, its crap as far as actual performance goes.

That said, X1900XTs are still $430 so its actually a very good value.

isnt the 430 card oem.. who wants an oem card!!! i know i don't! i want everything with it, seeing as i'm an asian packrat!! hahaha.. well half asian.. filipino... pacific islander....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom