Choose 1 from the following

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber.Logan

Baseband Member
Hey guys, long time no see.. been pretty busy.

hope everyones' doin just fine here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A

Help me choose one of the following CPU coolers :

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

B

Your opinion on ZALMAN VF700-CU 2 Ball VGA COOLER

or anything better

C

One of the following memories :

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

D

opinion on EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

or a better manufacturer if you know

E

About the motherboard, I need something that will support atleast 8 gigz of ram and will be able to accomodate more PCI cards.

I will be installing a bluetooth medium, wireless router, a performance sound card, the 8800 gtx, a good lan/wan card, a solid tv/tuner and a card for monitoring household power, and probably video surveillance cameras

I agree..the G.skill RAM he linked works great. Let me ask you first why though you need 8GB of ram. 2GB is standard for gaming and 4GB is standard for CAD and things like that.

8GB is just way overkill and not needed...

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

This ram is better:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

VF700 is ok, VF900 is better.

EVGA is one of the best companies, for nvidia graphic cards.

Whoa...I'm not sure theres a recent motherboard, with enough PCI slots to handle all that. Most motherboards now, have like 3 PCI slots. Theres a card to monitor household power? Are you going AMD or Intel?

intel all the way.

so whats ur take?

I agree..the G.skill RAM he linked works great. Let me ask you first why though you need 8GB of ram. 2GB is standard for gaming and 4GB is standard for CAD and things like that.

8GB is just way overkill and not needed...

hey Sora, how u doing brother..

about the 8 gigz, i thought if i fill in enough memory i wont have to worry about applications slowing down and give enough space for them(apps) to run care-free.

whats your suggestion dude?

before i suggest a cooler it would help to know what cpu you are getting and how much you intend to overclock.
you're right about the memory, but as sora said, unless you are using cad or memory intensive apps, 2gb is a-plenty. if you want to be sure, get 4...but that is kinda overkill too.
thats six or seven pci slots you will be lucky to find one with more than three straight pci. i'm not sure, tho. my evga 590 mobo has only two pci woot woot and two pciex16. but it has one each of pciex1 and pciex4 so i dunno which cards you listed use what. in any event, the 680i which is one of the most expensive (not that that means s*** really) c2d boards only has 2 each of pciex16, pci, and pcix1.

If you fill in all the memory slots, then that leaves no room for future upgrades. I'd say, fill them up, when you actually need them.

E

About the motherboard, I need something that will support atleast 8 gigz of ram and will be able to accomodate more PCI cards.

I will be installing a bluetooth medium, wireless router, a performance sound card, the 8800 gtx, a good lan/wan card, a solid tv/tuner and a card for monitoring household power, and probably video surveillance cameras

Are there even bluetooth pci cards???
what do you mean by a router pci card???
you can buy boards with built in wifi which maybe a good thing
the tuner card and the home surveillance would be the same thing just by a card with 3 component input
monitoring household power??? I have no idea what kind of card you would need for that

Yea....Theres just no recent motherboards, that can handle that many, PCI cards. Although I do have an old socket 478 motherboard, that has 6 PCI and 1 AGP slot...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom