a choice between graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUde i used to use ATI for about 3 years. I know about their drivers and how they compltely suck. But im sorry, one driver re-issue isnt going to make a card just all of a sudden become a monster.

im not comparing the XT(or pro) to a GTX...cos if you look, the GTX costs like 150.00 more than the XT. it costs A LOT more than the Pro. .
if my "excuse" of drivers affecting performance negatively OR positively makes no sense to you or its just "lame" lol, perhaps you should investigate the issue more closely. ATI has a more complex card, and their drivers are more complex and important to the overall operation of the card.

Actually, GTX is about than 100 more than XT, and it is only $60 more if include MIR

Here is the cheapest HD2900XT on newegg
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H290XT512DVN-R Radeon HD 2900XT 512MB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

8800GTX (It has higher clock speed than normal GTX as well :) )
Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E-HD OC GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

And HD2900pro doesn't beat 8800GTS 320MB (stock vs stock)

And for the drivers, Nvidia is improving as will after each driver release. Forceware 163.71 has some performance improvement for Prey and other few games.

You claimed that ATI have more complex video card, but can you explain how ? More complex in what ?

not really. the 7.10 drivers caused a HUGE increase in certain games.

No, it doesn't make any huge increase in any game

ATI claimed that it make huge difference

But the many reviews are showing that ATI claims are noting but a lie

Here is benchmark for Catalyst 7.10 vs 7.9
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1202/4/page_4_benchmarks_half_life_2_episode_one_hdr/index.html

Now tell where are the huge increase that you are talking about ? I don't see any increase !!! Actually in some games like prey, Catalyst 7.10 was performing worse than Catalyst 7.9

all in all i would wait for the GT which will be sumtime between now and nov 16th because it is set to release with/before crysis. I wouldnt get a gts 320mb coz they are going to be discontinued, and i would like everyone is saying go for a 2900pro and flash the bios. but it would also make sense to get a nvidia card since i think the 8 series perform alot better in dx10 if thats what u plan on doing.

those benchmarks showing a a 8800GT outperforming a GTS 640 easily and nearlly GTX are bulls***. It doesnt make sense for a cheaper card then the gts 320 would be comparable to a gtx.

If ATI have such a complex card why is it suffering it games like world in conflict and lost planet compared to a gtx. I think ati have had long enough to get their drivers straight

i've read a huge article on the complications of the 2900's... and it made perfect sense.. but at this moment, i don't feel like looking for it... lol.... it was more than a driver issue... fell along the lines of hardware mixed with drivers

by the time its all fixed up.. we will have a new graphics card from them...

i read some interesting things from it...

such as porting games from the 360 being a million times easier, without sacrificing graphics.. pretty much almost a perfect port with the hardware... it was a really interesting article... and really, it was interesting reading about what the 2900 "should" be able to do....

by the time its all fixed up.. we will have a new graphics card from them...

i read some interesting things from it...

such as porting games from the 360 being a million times easier, without sacrificing graphics.. pretty much almost a perfect port with the hardware... it was a really interesting article... and really, it was interesting reading about what the 2900 "should" be able to do....

why would u port a game from x360 and loose graphics, it would be the other way round wouldn't it?

why would u port a game from x360 and loose graphics, it would be the other way round wouldn't it?

no... lots of games from 360 were ported over to pc and lost quality... such as Condemned.... that game looks way better on 360

game originally made for 360... transfered over to pc.. end up looking like crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom