chipset question need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

asusman

Baseband Member
i just bought a evga mobo and i love it but my gpu got in the way of the chipset cooler. being the retard i am i removed the fan but left the heatsink- piece of tin on the chipset. i turned the computer on and it worked ok but then i touched the heat sink and it is veryvery warm. did totally screw my new mobo?

well if all your sockets work fine. then it should be ok and you got lucky.

ya just in the future never take the fan or heatsink off something and turn your pc on.

is it possible to get a new heat sink on it of just possition like a 80 mm fan ontop of it cuase like i kinda ruined the stock fan

i got two 8x slots and one 16x slot the 16xslot i want to use but it gets inthe way of the chipset

Well move it to an 8X then......

Barley uses the max of the 8X bandwith so you wouldnt see a diffrence going from 16X to 8x....

well its a 7300 xfx and when i played episode one i was shocked at how bad the performence was. it played allot better on my old 6800 gt 256 mg agp card.. this has got that fancy turbo cache. and it played better when i had 1 gig of ram now i got 3 gigs all the same manufacture all ddr 400. wtf on the other hand half life 2 is playing like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom