cheep gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcnoob

Solid State Member
i just found out that my mom will no longer help me out money wise with building my gaming computer. So now i need to know if it is possible to build a computer for $500-$600 that would be able to play most games (i am an all around gamer this includes the latest fps's) on descent enough graphic settings and non choppy frame rates. i would also like for it to be easily upgradable. if it is possible for me to do this then i would like it if some one could help me out with picking a possessor and/or a mother board.

Five to Six hundred dollars is not much in terms of a gaming computer. That will get you to play a variety of games on mid to low end graphics. Why not save a bit longer?

Mike

Going AMD and ATI, there can be a decent enough rigs to run games. PosK is correct though, You'll not get great performance right away.

Price/cost also depends on if you recycle your old stuff.

Heres a solid upgrade build.. basically need to add a better gpu...

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case <-- Old case might still work
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive <-- Can recycle old drive and save $55
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply <-- nice long term investment and dirty cheap
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV4GK <-- okay ram decent priced
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! <-- Good board with 4200 series gpu onboard.
The cpu is great for current gaming as there aren't many games yet that use more than 2 cores.
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

Reuse your old dvd/keyboard/mouse

This is $594 before shipping/tax and $35 off with mail ins

Now you just need to upgrade to a good gpu, Something like this Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card for $140

As you see a good base setup for games is alittle over $750, less if you resuse your HD and case.

you seem to be having some technical difficulties :p.

the first 3 links are all the same psu and the last 3 combo links are all the same cpu/mobo combo.

It seems my copy didn't work right, while we see my paste did... I ironically posted the 650tx from NE elsewhere, so it just pasted away.... And like a noob, i didnt reread my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom