Check On Parts Before Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

balake777

Solid State Member
Already have lian li case (5 years old and they're still selling it)
Case

KINGWIN ABT-520CW ATX 12V 2.0V 520W Power Supply 115/230 V
PSU

AMD Opteron 165
CPU

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
RAM

DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
Motherboard

evga 7600gt
Video Card
(getting a cheap card so won't feel bad updating to DX10 card later)

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink
CPU FAN/HEATSINK

Maybe drop the opteron 165 down and buy a better video card instead; like at least a 7600gt or if you can afford it, a 7800gt or 7900gt.

i believe on newegg 7900 costs less than the 7800. if u cant afford anything better.....go with the 6800 or 7600GT, and save up for the G80s later on. an drop the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR and go with a MSI K8n Neo4-f
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150139

XFX is a great brand, so drop from the. K here is what i have got so far

Drop MOBo to MSI K8n neo4-F ( you save $95 or something)
then drop from the Kingwin to ANtec TruePowerII 550Watt, one of the best PSUs btw, and you save about $5 +$95=$100, so just add $10 and you can upgrade the 7600GT to the 7900GT.

am i good or wat.

My only problem w/ that is I want something that'll be good for over clocking. I like DFI's BIOS options and have already read up on it. I want to at least get the opteron 165 to 2.6 stable. Then i'll be happy. The video card is just a crutch for now. I thought evga would be a good option w/ its lifetime warranty and upgrade plan (in case the 7600gt doesn't cut it). In that case, IÂ’d definitely go w/ the 7900gt. I'm open to ideas on the PSU and which type of DFI board to go with. I know nothing about power supplies. So IÂ’ll look into your suggestion. Really I just picked that one because it looked cool. Thanks for all the advice.

the MSi K8n Neo4-F is just as good for OCing as the DFI, just different BIOS, ask anyone here ( that knows something) and they'll tell you its just as good. If ur worrying about the MSI not being able to OC, ur kinda (*Cough* Completely *cough*) wrong. ( didnt mean to be rude).
As for the PSu u picked, i never heard nething bout Kingwin, but almost everyone here is getting an Antec TruePower. so go with that PSU.

it's fine, Haven't had time to look w/ finals coming up. I'm sure it is good. I really don't know much about this stuff. I'll look into that motherboard and let my friends know about it since they're upgrading at the same time. We're just trying to keep all of our computers under 1,000 pretty much. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom