Iv'e been reading the posts trying to get a build for 1500$ or around there

Intel i5 2500k

PSU- Corsair Pro Series HX750

Case - Corsair 400R

SSD - ntel 510 Series 120 gigs

Memory - G Skill 8 gigs

DVD- $20(?)

Motherboard - P67A-GD65

Graphics - Radeon Saphire 7970 or GTX 580 ?

OS - Windows 7 64 bit Home

Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

If the above all fall within your budget then its a solid build.
The HD 7970 will outperform the GTX 580, so I'd go that route.

you did awesome! great job! perfect!

dont change a thing, you nailed the performance to dollar ratio on the head!

only thing i would change is if you wanted to slim it down a bit is get a 7950, just cause the premium you pay for the little more performance you get out of the 7970 over the 7950 isnt quite worth the $100 more dollars.

other than that, like i said you did awesome!

edit:

roark, your ninja skills are improving!

Been reading mostly your posts Sean, thanks for the quick replies. Is there any concern about fan noise this set up will make? I will buy another fan if so.

haha it seemed a lot like something i would build! :p

nope, corsair fans are pretty quiet. i know the 400R can hold up to i think 10 fans... if i remember correctly it comes with 3, 2 in the fron and one exhaust in the back, i would turn the rear fan around and use it as an intake and put two 140mm fans in the top as an exhaust. the cool think i like about the 400R is the way the side panel allows you to still use a full size heatsink and mount fans on the side. you dont have to put the fans on the side panel, back in my early days i had a computer with 16 fans in it, i just finished my new build and it only has 4, and they are all 200mm. so before i was all about performance, now im all about silence. generally the bigger the fan the quieter its going to be, just because the fan doesnt have to spin as fast to move the same amount of air, due to the larger surface area on the blades. so if you want to go with silence i would just put 2 fans in the top as exhaust, if you want maximum performance, id put the 2 in the top and 2 on the side panel.

Sounds good. The motherboard is out of stock, I'm on the waiting list, probably buy somewhere else than newegg. What's the difference for G skill 8 gig memory sticks that says 1333 PC3 10666 and another that says 1066 PC3 8500, $ 3 difference with timing and cas latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom