| Check My C2D Rig |

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep get the 7600's and wait for the DX10's to lower in price.

willsko87 said:
Hmmm...that sounds fair enough. I suppose it will cut my costs now. Definately can't afford a 8800 series card at the moment.

256MB 7600GS - $144 AUD | $112 USD
256MB 7900GT - $192 AUD | $149 USD

Wait is that a misprint? Do you mean you can get a 7600gt for just 48 more?
If its a 7900gt I would go for that since it would hold you over pretty well for a while and when you sell it you probably won't lose out that much.

No those prices are correct. I just double checked. I'm finding it hard decided what to do. If I buy a better card it will last me longer, I could get more money for it and the prices of the DX10 cards will be cheaper when I need to change. In saying that if I but a 7600 series card, I will fork out less now but might not be able to sell it for much.

IIRC correctly at stock speeds a 7900gt is about twice as fast as a 7600gs. So I would go ahead and spend a little more and get that for now.

Well its your chose. I'm just saying unless you plan on upgrading this card in a month go ahead and spend the ~$50 for the much better card. When you sell it you'll probably get like $30 more out of it so its not much of a loss, and while your using it your get much better performance.

dario03 said:
IIRC correctly at stock speeds a 7900gt is about twice as fast as a 7600gs. So I would go ahead and spend a little more and get that for now.
$50?

You said 7600GS and the 7900GT. There is a couple of hundred $ difference between those cards.
The $50 difference was between the 7600GS and the 7600GT.

Thats why I asked you if it was a misprint. Go read the first page and you will see that you listed the 7900gt as only $50 more than a 7600gs. I thought that was a little crazy but I don't know prices in AU. In that case either one would be fine and I wouldn't spend the extra money unless your gonna wait a long time to upgrade.

Oh yeah, sorry my bad. The prices we're correct but I didnt put the right card.

256MB 7600GS - $144 AUD | $112 USD
256MB 7600GT - $192 AUD | $149 USD
256MB 7900GT - $325 AUD | $253 USD
512MB 7950GT - $425 AUD | $332 USD

These are the right prices....and cards. They are my 4 choices and at the moment I'm leaning toward the cheapest. Is it worth the $50 for the 7600GT over the 7600GS?

I guess it depends on how long you plan to use it. In todays games you won't be maxing out the settings with either card anyway. But on the other hand when you sell the card you will probably make back around $25 more with the gt (just a guess). So I would say if you plan to upgrade really soon just get the gs, if your gonna wait over 3 months get the gt.

Heres a good guide for comparing Graphic cards

That should help you decide if its worth it to you. It looks like you get about a 40% gain for the extra ~43% money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom