Cheapest i7-920 Build Possible! (Here's a challenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckman44

In Runtime
I do have a budget, but I am leaving that unknown. I need some of you super awesome computer builders to help me out. I know I've posted some other posts, but this is my final one on the subject.

I want the cheapest i7-920 build you can possibly make.

I don't need it all pimped out at the beginning, just functional and with reasonable performance for the i7. I plan on upgrading as I get the money. So the only things I want to spend a good amount of money on will prob just be the i7 and anything you need with it. I will be capturing HD video from a xbox 360, rendering it, and editing it. I will also be doing other regular day things. I want an i7 so I have some room to build on, but if you think the i7 is a little overkill for these things, then I dont mind if you throw out an i5 build too.

REMEMBER THE PURPOSE OF THIS BUILD IS TO BE AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE, WITH ROOM TO UPGRADE PARTS WHEN I GET THE MONEY WITHOUT LOSING TOO MUCH MONEY.

I could get you an i7 build with crappy parts, but you wouldn't want that as it'd be a complete waste of money.
You need to tell us how much you're willing to spend MAX on this build, and we'll build something <= that price. If it's not possible we'll tell you.

I don't quite see the point - all we'd achieve is the worst build imaginable that no-one would ever want to use unless they little choice otherwise.

Cheapest way to build and i7 rig? Buy an i7 920. Go to a tech shop, and steal everything compatible.

Why would you get a core i7 920 when you can get a 930 for pretty much the same price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom