Cheapest build for an i7? Also Whats is this called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 9400gt wouldn't be to bad for a HTPC computer, its about even with a 4350. But for gaming he wouldn't want to settle for anything less then a core 216 in an i7 system, otherwise you might aswell go with a c2d rig.

An i7 HTPC would be pointless, and a huuuggeeee waste of money.

Heck, you wouldn't even need a c2d, you could just go with a Pentium Dual Core for an HTPC, unless you wanted to do other things with it.

Yeah that's true, maybe if the guys doing high end video editing or some form of work that requires huge amount of processing power, but i think he's a gamer. Otherwise your right this rig would go to waste. And if doesn't really improve on gaming that much anyway, really just for future proofness and people who have money to waste.

An i7 HTPC would be pointless, and a huuuggeeee waste of money.

Heck, you wouldn't even need a c2d, you could just go with a Pentium Dual Core for an HTPC, unless you wanted to do other things with it.

Friend of mine is working on a Water Cooled MicroATX i7 rig with a GTX280...

Silverstone SG-01 case is almost a HTPC size setup...

Well, I didn't mean purely based on size, mate. :p I meant building one to be only used as an HTPC. With a 280 and water cooling, I'm pretty sure he means to game and OC.

Well, I didn't mean purely based on size, mate. :p I meant building one to be only used as an HTPC. With a 280 and water cooling, I'm pretty sure he means to game and OC.

Oh but of course. His media center pc is an old modded apple beige flat box. Pretty sure that got a C2D and an 8800gt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom