Cheapest 2GB RAM that would do the trick?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue-lynx

In Runtime
Hey everyone, howzit goin?

Okay, so I am on an ULTRA-LOW budget for my current build.

I want to seek your best advice on the RAM and a choice between the two motherboards of the same kind.

1. RAM - which is the cheapest 2GB RAM I can get to run XP Professional or Vista to play light games. Most of the games that I play have the following system requirements (I am assuming the they are the minimum).

Windows 2000/XP/Vista
1.4 GHz Pentium 4 processor
512MB RAM
128MB DirectX 9 compatible video card
16-bit DirectX compatible sound card
2 GB free hard drive space

I dont play shooting or games based mainly on violence.
I am more into "light" games if you will .. simply because they are more funny and entertaining!

My current planned rig does not have a videocard for now. Since I am going with AMD therefore I am planning to get a 780G based Gigabyte motherboard so that I can play these games until I can afford a decent videocard. The cpu btw is the X2 5000+

Choices for the Motherboard are:

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G mATX - Miro ATX
AND
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H AMD780G ATX - ATX

Question -> would a videocard have more free space to fit on a micro or the atx? Which of these boards would be a better buy to add on a good cpu cooler later on?
Thanks guys,
Ya'll know you rock.. so help the buddy out!

PS. I'll be using DirectCanada to order my rig so if someone cud do the cheapest build for me using this website. it wud be cool.

Motherboard to be used - (above or any 780g mobo with LEAST problems)
AMD CPU - 5000+

dont add in a videocard.
assemble the rest if u can and let me know.

Go with the atx more expandibility which as your on a limited budget would be a massive bonus. The motherboard size doesn't affect the gpu much except where it plugs in the case is the space dependent factor and also the amount of other addon cards you have as gpu's normally have dual slot coolers blocking an extra pci slot with a fan. I am not going to google for an hour finding out what cpu coolers fit on that mobo thats your job look at review sites and there test builds. The arctic freezer 7 is a good budget cooler

Ram doesn't really matter much get matched dual channel 2gb in xp or 4gb in vista as they use memory differently. You should also be looking at around 667mhz-800mhz speed obviously the high one is better but no need to go faster then that really. you also want ram with metal heatsinks or covers so anything but the true cheapo cheapo value ram it will just bite you in the *** later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom