Cheap computer for my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
My friend asked me to build him a really cheap computer for him. His budget is $500 max...is it possible to build a decent computer for that low amount of money?

What is he going to use this for? Standard use? Light gaming?

Does he need a monitor/keyboard/mouse too? How big of a HDD does he need? You have to go into a bit more detail as I've made that build down there under 450 bucks.

I can put a build together with

1GB DDR2-677 ram
X2 4200
ECS AM2 Mobo
7600GT

And a few other things without a monitor.

It's possible as long as he doesn't need a monitor and accessories to go along with it. Just a decent tower for $500 is doable. He could get an AM2 based system like that semi-build Sora posted. If he needs a monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc...might be better to get a prebuilt since you're not going to get much for that kind of money.

Yea If he doesn't need a monitor then you can go to town and have quite a nice gaming system on say 1024x840 res or so. A monitor would destroy that budget though...

Lol I could build an X2 system with 1GB ram and stuff w/o a monitor and onboard graphics for like 300 bucks...lmao

he doesnt do much gaming. just general use like checking email, browsing the web, listening to music, microsoft office. stuff like that. btw he doesnt need a monitor mouse or keyboard..just the computer

For what he's going to be using it for a pre-built dell tower would probably be best. It'll come w/ the apps he uses and be a good value with good warranties.

He should not be getting a dell for 500. Look in my cheap X2 build thread as that is what he should be doing with his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom