Cheap build for WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so could I please have someone narrow down what I need, I have seen so many recommendations of the RAM that I have a headache :) I want to go ahead and start ordering this stuff and get the ball rolling.

I'm not totally sure as to what boards handle what PC ram and such and I want bang for buck like anyone else. Also if anyone knows a good monitor thats nothing too big, but the Video Card will not melt under please let me know, also a budget monitor :p

Thanks for the help yet again.

^ that's some good ram you picked trotter.

i have this ram

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

and i have overclocked it to 1900MHZ at 7-7-7-20 and it has been running rock solid ever since :D just some thing to think about tho

BUT, i would get this ram instead. for $15 bucks it's a steal. same price as mine :)

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

He doesn't really need two pci-e connectors. Most cards come with an adapter for older psus with only 1.

What is the use to buy an AM3 chip and then put it in an AM2+ board? AM3 uses DDR3, not DDR2. If you are going to do an AM2+ board, go with a 920 or 940, not an AM3 chip. The 720's overclock like nobody's business, though. DDR3 is going through the same bumps DDR2 did when it first hit mainstream.

If you are going to move into the future you need to use what is coming out, not the last gen. I learned my lesson on that the hard way.

1066 is still high speed ram, and for what he is doing, he doesn't really need to use more money on it. He was trying to go for a very budget build to play WoW. But hey if he's get the money, then I totally agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom