changing mobo need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as I have come to discover that the ASUS boards (all of them)
Here you say all of them

uneeb83 said:
have a memmory recognition problem that starts sooner rather than later. and thats the case for about 40% (no exaggeration)
Now it's down to 40%

uneeb83 said:
ppl istall 12 GB and the board sometimes reads 8 or 6 or 10 etc etc
Some people say that the memory controller in the I7 cannot handle 2 banks of memmory consistantly...which seems plusible
There is a small percentage of motherboards from every manufacturer that have this exact same problem. It's easy to say it's an Asus problem when their the only brand your scrutinizing. The i7 can handle 2 banks of memory just fine. Problems only arise when your running memory at speeds beyond it's rated capabilities or the cpu itself is running beyond it's rated capabilities.

unbee83 said:
Other than memory the asus offers a very good phase power designs
but I wouldn't be overclocking atall So the DX58SO will do all these things for me

Yes the DX58SO will work but it was a bad choice to begin with, in my opinion.

my bad...
"All of them" here means all modles of them
as for 40 % thats the avrage faliure rate for every modle...
I know that the sources are not that authentic but I didn't exaggerate at what they said:D
yes I agree that almost all of the boards have this issue and you said it your self that "Problems only arise when your running memory at speeds beyond it's rated capabilities" well the i7 is rated at 1066 but who has a memmory for the i7 that has no SPD beyond 1066. may be 2% only. So that takes me to the i7 memmory contoller part.
well I have to agree what you imply makes sense: let me rephrase :
the i7 memmory controller was not made to run >1066 memmorys with 2 banks, (I sure don't hope it goes for the single bank too :D )

anyways back to the topic. I was a fool not to have listened to any body. And might this be a lesson for all that ever read this.
During my research I hand picked asus due to its features but had the DX58SO in mind
I asked a few forums that all screamed ASUS
I asked one of my friends and he reccomended ASUS
then I went to the shop and the keeper also sided with ASUS
But guess what the stubborn me endded with this board....

this comes from a guy with a whole lot of intel boards experience:
when no one is there to give you advice, even then listen to the silent walls around you, may they offer you a better alternative.

The i7 is not rated at 1066, it runs at 1333. And it was designed to run using 2 Banks. I said "Problem arise" as a general term. To be more specific, these types of problems usually arise when your trying to run memory in 2 banks at higher speeds with a budget or value-minded motherboard. Or another example would be the user trying to get Enthusiast Performance out of a Bargain Basement Setup. Of course even if you buy a "Good" motherboard you still need to have enough knowledge to utilize the extra options givens to properly configure the CPU, Memory Controller and Memory Timings plus their respective voltage requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom