Changing CPU, want to know difference in performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiwaneseKai

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I had a Athlon FX-51 before, the 2.2 GHz one, but it got damaged some how and I have to switch to a AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.0 GHz. I wanted to get the AMDX2, but it wouldn't fit with my motherboard and I didn't want to pay for a brand new motherboard either. I wanted to know how much difference between the FX-51 and the 3200+ there is. Will it be a big difference in gaming? Such as, Battlefield 2, Doom 3, stuff like that?

Yeah I think it's a venice core. Dangit. Two completely different answers. Do you know how MUCH of a difference it'll be? Like, can I obviously see it in gameplay or anything?

you won't notice much if anything at all.

200mhz more and 512kb cache more makes a difference...but not a HUGELY noticeable one.

Why not just buy something better like an x2, opteron, or maybe a 3700+ (san diego, can reach FX-57 speeds fairly easily)

And what do you mean your old processor died? What symptoms?

To gurusan: Because I'm saving up my money for a complete buildover in the near future. Hoping to get a Conroe or something =) And also, I have a X800 Pro vid card, AGP, and if I wanted to change to one of those processors, I'd have to get a new vid card as well. So yeah... And the sympton was a broken pin on the processor. The guy at the electronics store opened it up, and a pin fell out...I swear it was him. **** money scammers.

To Nitestick: Umm I'm pretty sure the FX-51 I had was 939, cause the guys at the local electronics store told me to get this new processor so I could fit it into my old mobo. And also, I don't have the setup yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom