Changing cases, the Dreadful inspiron 518, to the Thermaltake WingRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekBubs

In Runtime
Yes, yes, it is me! Again!

Im turning my inspiron into my own custom build, slowly. I started with the video card, and the power supply, and now, I want to change the case (But I dont know if I can because I know dell builds their motherboards ONLY to fir their cases)

First off, the reason why I want to change the case is simple. I want a new CPU, and for that, Ill need a new mobo (This will happen some time in the late future though)

Alright, my one and only question is this. Will this be a compatible case swap.

Dell inspiron 518, and the Thermaltake wingRS (Thermaltake WingRS 100 ATX Piano-Black Mid-Tower Case with Front USB and Audio ports VG1000BNS in Canada at TigerDirect.ca)

The only things I've touched in this computer is the vid card and the PSU (3450 > 9800GT)

I need to know if this will work, without ANY problems or ANY other upgrades (Like a new mother board)

Yeah good point lol

Ima buy some ram instead, put her up to 4gb, dell decided to fill up all of my slots with 2 512s and 2 1gbs...smart asses :)

what os are you running? specifically is it 32bit or 64bit? my guess is 32bit since dell filled it with 3gb which is about the maximum a 32bit system can use. Again save your money now because you could probably get better ram with your new mb.

As Hef said, it would be useless to spend $ to put it to 4GB if you have a 32-Bit OS, you wont recognize but less than half a gig more if you went to 4GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom