Change of plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_who689

Baseband Member
Hello I posted about last week what my new gaming rig consisted of. And got some great feedbacks and made the changes that were suggested...this is what I got now:

Case: Thermaltake blacx v9(same)
CPU: i7 2600k sandybridge 3.4ghz(changed from AMD phenom ii x6 1090t)
CPU cooler: coolermaster v10(changed from stock)
Mobo: gigabyte p67-ud7(changed from gigabyte 880GA-ud3h)
Ram: g.skill 8gb 1866mhz(same)
PSU: Gamer series 880w cool power(same)
GPU: Msi n580gtx 3gb ddr5(same)
SSD: intel x25-m 80gb gen2(new)
HDD: raid0 setup - 1TB seagate barricuda 7200rpm 32mb cache(new)

Well this is my new make im still making decisions for storage system but what im leaning towards if possible the setup I listed with 1 SSD and raid0 setup of the HDDs.

Hopefully with this setup i can oc my cpu to 4.7+ I hear some pp get 5+ idk how liable that is lol.

Please lemme jnow if anything :)
Thanj you again for yhe feedbacks, eased my decision making for this rig.

The Cooler Master V10 is a huge waste of money. I have one here that I tested and boxed back up, and its such a failure that I won't even give it away. If you want to spend that kind of money on a heatsink then you should look at the Noctua NH-D14.

i agree with slaymate. the Noctua is a much better heat sink than the coolermaster V10, and the sheer size of it is just ridiculous. sure the noctua is also very large, but the way the V10 is made, with its awkwardly placed fan makes it very difficult to access most of your motherboard, like the RAM. if the heat spreaders are too high, the V10 would bemaking contact with it and that would be badddd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom