CD-rom question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadas

Baseband Member
Hey guys im building a new computer right now and everything is going great so far. only question i have is how do i hook up the CD-roms. I have a DFI Ultra D and it comes with the connecter for the CD-drives (3 connections) and i have the 2 connections on the shorter end going to both CD-drives and then the other going to the Mobo. the computer sees the first CD drive, but not the second... someone was telling me something about jumpers and master and slave. but i had no idea what he was talking about. anyone know how to fix this?

I didnt know how to do this for my new pc either. basically on the back of your cd drives there is 3 sets of 2 pins to the left of the ide connector. Have a look at where the black jumpers are. one should be on the middle 2 pins and the other on the right set of 2 pins. this will make it work. If you still not sure ill send u this link. if i can find it

Mentali$T said:
I didnt know how to do this for my new pc either. basically on the back of your cd drives there is 3 sets of 2 pins to the left of the ide connector. Have a look at where the black jumpers are. one should be on the middle 2 pins and the other on the right set of 2 pins. this will make it work. If you still not sure ill send u this link. if i can find it

well i dont think there is a standard for where jumpers need to be so do this. make ur one dirve is on master and the other one on slave.

Yeah but thats how you do it what i said. and yeah they are all the same. im sure. even if it is different it should say above the pins what is what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom