Case help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team
Default Case help

Hey guys. I am going to be getting a case for my up coming rig and I was just wondering which one I should be getting. I have a couple in mind and was hoping that someone could give me some advice. I need one that will fit a 5870 in. Just be wary that I live in Australia and don't have the same variety has the USA or UK.

- CoolerMaster HAF 922: - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

- NZXT Tempest EVO: - NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series TEVO-001BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

- Lian Li Lancool Dark Armor K62: - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

So any help would be good. If you have other suggestions, I am all ears.

Thank You.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Case help

Could look at a cooler master 690 II. Cheap, and has many great features.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Any of those cases would do just fine. i really like the Antec 300, or the Antec 900 for a little bit more money and a side window.

Antec 300: - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Antec 900: - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

or thier big brother, Antec 1200: - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Nightowl

like the K62
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Content Team

I like the haf and the evo cause they have a lot of fans. evo comes with them but the haf you have to buy the extra ones. evo has seven and the haf can have 5 or 6, and most are 200mm fans.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

I like the Antec 900, I've seen one in person (and I just ordered one for my build but I don't have it yet) and I think it is a very nice looking case. Plenty of room, a nice side window, and super airflow (2 large front fans, one rear fan, and one massive top fan exhaust). If you can get one I'd recommend it. If you want something cheaper (the Antec 900 is around $100 USD) then the Antec 300 looks good too (it's a similar design without the side window, still 2 front fans, one rear fan, and one top fan but the top fan is just a normal size one).

Closed Thread