Case: Bite on a good deal or wait? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Case: Bite on a good deal or wait?

I'm looking at the Mystique 631 ($30 from svc.com) and it's just about perfect for me. All aluminum, side window, front panel, 120mm fans, looks nice but not over-the-top, subtle LEDs etc. (only things I don't like are the graphics card cooling, which I don't think will be too much of a problem, and how the side vent looks.) but I'm not buying until the beginning of May so I don't know if I should get it. It'll probably be gone by then but there might be some new cases or new deals popping up. What do you think should I play safe and just buy this now or take a risk and hope for a new deal.

Also for the sake of creating another thread, I'll ask a couple of questions here.

Uno: Will a 580w Hiper power supply be fine for dual 8600GTS's(256mb)? I'm only buying 1 card right now but I want the ability to SLI them if I need some extra juice.

Dos: I know we can't know for sure how much heat the 8600's will produce, but do you the lack of a vent over the graphics in the Mystique 631 will cause a heat problem when running the dual 8600GTS's?

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: Case: Bite on a good deal or wait?

If thats the case you want I'd say get it. Thats a good deal.
I would think that the Hiper 580w would run two 8600GTS's, its a good PSU.
If the lack of a vent in the side is a problem you could always make your own vent.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I don't have the tools, time, nor skills to make my own vent . I wish they would just move that CPU vent down a few inches as I don't need it for the CPU at all with my CPU air going to be getting blown right out of the exhaust.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yeah. I wouldn't be to concerned about it though. I think that your cards would stay cool. If not you could always try someting like this Centrifugal Blowers, Ducted Fans, Card Coolers, or just take that window off and flip it upside down. Not really sure how that would work though, the window might only fit one way with that latch there.

Closed Thread