Which card to pay for till the next gen arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

solid102

Baseband Member
For a while now I been looking foward to buying a 7900gt which prices around 260 and above but i kept hearing that it wont support direct X 10 so i kept thinking why blowq a lot of money on a card to be useless in a couple of month or a year so i decided to look more into cards and i found this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150140

pretty good card with core clock of 580 MHZ and 12 pixel pipelines so it got me thinking what the 7900gt that the 7600gt doesnt and is it worth blowing 270 on a 7900gt if i am looking foward for the newer cards.

solid102 said:
For a while now I been looking foward to buying a 7900gt which prices around 260 and above but i kept hearing that it wont support direct X 10 so i kept thinking why blowq a lot of money on a card to be useless in a couple of month or a year so i decided to look more into cards and i found this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150140

pretty good card with core clock of 580 MHZ and 12 pixel pipelines so it got me thinking what the 7900gt that the 7600gt doesnt and is it worth blowing 270 on a 7900gt if i am looking foward for the newer cards.

This is the way to never get what you want.

Every 'gen' that arrives you'll just keep buying the cheapest card because its not worth it when the 'next gen' cards will support stuff that the current gen won't support? Thats nonsense to me.

Just get whats best for you right now, a 7900gt or an x1800xt[or1900xt] would hold you up on high settings for very long, even aafter the dx10 cards will be out you would still be playing uptodate games on high settings with those cards..

-Jo.

Nukem said:
Dang Jo your starting to sound like me! LOL :p I was going to say the same thing.

I Guess I start to sound like you when I get totaly bored and depressed :rolleyes: , we should check this matter, lol.

-Jo

Re: Re: Which card to pay for till the next gen arrives

Yoad said:
This is the way to never get what you want.

Every 'gen' that arrives you'll just keep buying the cheapest card because its not worth it when the 'next gen' cards will support stuff that the current gen won't support? Thats nonsense to me.

Just get whats best for you right now, a 7900gt or an x1800xt[or1900xt] would hold you up on high settings for very long, even aafter the dx10 cards will be out you would still be playing uptodate games on high settings with those cards..

-Jo.

New gen cards don't come out all that often though. If he plans on getting something cheap now and then getting a newer one within a few months he would be ok.

What resolution do you play at? If you play at 1024x768, go ahead and buy a 7900GT, that will be good at that resolution for quite some time. If you play at something higher, you are best off waiting.

The G80 is going to make the biggest impact on the market since the 6800 series in 2004. The 7800/7900 are really just improved versions of the 6800 series. I say thats worth waiting a month or two for, especially if you are playing at 1280x1024 or above. I say if we get to October and there's no sign of the G80, go ahead and get a 7950GX2 (only if you play high resolutions though). Otherwise get a 7900GT.

I went with the xfx 6800 for 135 with 35 rebate. for 100 I didn't I could go wrong thinking of buying a second one for the price
tom c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom