cant use USB keyboard in post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
anyone know how to make it so my usb keyboard will work on the post screen so i can get into the bios (delete, F8, etc)?

i have a ps2 keyboard attached at the moment...you gotta be kidding me.
lol...i dont see anything in the bios that could do it, but this asus bios is foreign to me. help.

if it uses phoenix award it should be under integrated peripherals(I think). Then you go into usb and set it to bios instead of os.

it doesnt use phoenix it uses the other one...i cant remember, but i think it starts with an "a"

i'll research the peripherals, but i dont think i saw anything like that in the peripheral section....

more ideas?

i haven't installed the drivers for my tarantula, i guess i can try that. it lights up and everything, and works once i get into windows...just wont respond (even though its lit up) when i hit delete to access the bios.
hmmm...any help?

award bios. try enabling legacy devices.

Actually, there is a place in the bios to enable onbord usb which you should do. USB does not fit the definition of legacy devices which are simply old ISA standard devices and not plug and play which USB is. If you do not enable onbaord usb then your system will default to PS2. I had the same problem with Gigabyte boards as the onboard uSB was not on auto at default. You'll have to accomplish this with the use of the PS2 board first. Good thing you still have one!! I keep my 1999 compact PS2 board with a built in mouse (roller) for just this reason.

the bios has no setting for onboard usb (that i can find). once windows boots, the keyboard works fine, so it seems that if there was an onboard setting, it is enabled. the ONLY problem i have is that i cant access the bios without having a ps/2 keyboard attached. which, although not at the moment, will soon become a major PITA.
all usb settings that i can find in the bios are enabled. tried enabling legacy devices, to no avail.

In the award bios i know there is the option to let either the bios or the OS handle USB. Look around for that type of option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom