cant load my maxtor hard drive on new motherboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kundi13

Baseband Member
ive built a pc. |
spec : pswd2 premium mobo
1gb ram
pentium 4 socket 775. 3.2 ghz
gforce t6600 turbo cache 256 mb lolz.
250gb sata maxtor hard drive (with no xp pro on it - brand new)
120gb IDE maxtor hard drive with XP pro on it.

problem : i cant seem to load my 120gb ide maxtor hard drive to the new asus mobo i just bought. i have connected the HHD cable that consists of a blue connector (goes to the mobo), a grey connector (not connected to anything) and black connector (connected to my 120gb ide hard drive) . hope the connection is correct. my 120gb hard drive is a master. i have not connected the 250gb sata hard drive which i will do later on... dvd-rw writer is not connected yet which i will also do later on.

so at the mo i have just a 120gb ide hard drive in the pc and when i turn it on it reads the hard drive as the red light shows signs of flashes...then i see a grey bar on the bottom for xp to load up which is standard then all of a sudden it shows this blue screen error message (see below) for like 1sec and then restarts and when it tries to start xp again it takes me to the safe mode options and when i choose the option safe mode it then just restarts and does the whole process again......please help i need 2 complete my uni work aswell....aghhh.

STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0XF78360BF, 0xF7C82208, 0xF7C81F08)

Format and reinstall,, you can't use a hdd that was formatted in another machine. But you usally get a boot error not a Blue screen of Death.

i think its my memory however i still need to do the memory test but i dont know how to boot it from the floppy???

to boot the disk, just slip it in, and let it load, it may say press any key......otherwise go in the bios and change the boot device priorty so floppy disk is first then load it up, can you put the 120gb hdd in another pc and right click on it in my computer and go to format, thats what i did and it seemed to work

i dont want to format the 120gb hdd cos i have data on there.

i will run the memtest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom