Can't build computer properly

alban

Baseband Member
i have a cooler master 912 haf case mid tower and i got an intel i5-3570k 3.4ghz processor i got a 212 evo fan i got an as rock extreme 4 z77 motherboard i got a cx 600 corsair power supply i got a evga gtx660 superclocked video card, is the case even compatible with my motherboard? there are wires for the video card and there are 2 fans prebuilt into the case i just dont understand wher to put what wire and there are a few other wires within the case that are audio and lights and other things i just don't know where to plug them, im not even sure that the evo 212 heat sink is 100 percent straight i used the stupid thermal paste that came with the evo instead of buying a better one i hope my pc won't burn out but then again i don't know how to put the pieces together so i won't find out, and 16gb corsair vengeance ram

Probably but I'm not sure. I know it's no help saying this now but that's why you should always do a bit of research First. And what I'll say next probably won't be much help either seeing as you've already bought your components.

Don't worry yourself about Thermal paste, The pre-applied Paste is sufficient in all ways. For Cases, apart From the obvious reasons it's depending on what you want From your Case. I'd say swap your Case if you're having troubles. Either way your best bet is to go with a Case From The Corsair Carbide range. Specifically For mid-budget projects a 200r/300r Case is ideal. Cheap, good and reliable. But apart From that I can't make sense of why you went with that Motherboard. You've got a really crappy PSU but a pretty decent Mobo. Stick with Z77, But Extreme 4 is probably a better Mobo than what you need.

Again your best bet would to be to replace that PSU immediately. As I learned From PP Mguire one thing you definitely DON'T wan't is a bad PSU. 600W is Fine, it's just the "CX" = Builder Series. "TX" is what you want, which is Enthusiast. Even though you may not be an Enthusiastic computer user or whatever, it's a PSU you ideally should want.

But there's plenty of 'How To' videos on YouTube and the Internet. Newegg have an 'okay' guide, but visit the YouTube channel "LinusTechTips" or "NCIXcom" / "NCIXTechTips" or "TimeToLiveCustoms" They give daily advice and cover nearly every part you could ever want to use, and I'm pretty sure both of them have How To Build a PC videos.

Last edited:
His rig is absolutely fine and most likely he got his recommendations from me on a budget.
Most likely he got the Extreme 4 on sale. Last month it was cheaper than the Extreme 3 so makes sense to get it instead. (Over here in the US)

To the OP, you need to go and watch videos on how to build a PC and read guides on where things go. I would also just use the stock heatsink and fan that came with your 3570k until you get a better grasp on how to build and run a computer.

Ok, seriously now... I was being nice the first time. Stop with the trolling and mucking up the thread with un-needed posts.

I won't be as nice next time.

Back
Top Bottom