Can you OC RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
Looks like I'll be getting a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D mobo w/Athlon64 3000+ Venice core CPU...I know I can OC the CPU and the board will take it like a champ, but is it possible to OC RAM? If so, what would be your recommendation as for brand?

Yes... go with OCZ RAM for overclocking. A general rule of thumb to follow would be the more money you spend on RAM, the farther you'll be able to overclock it. Read the stickies at the top of the Overclocking forums.

Yea you can't overclock your processor without good OCing ram. They go hand in hand. In order to OC your CPU, you need ram to match those speeds, so for ram, the more expensive, the farther you can overclock. I'd stick with OCZ, Corsair, or Kingston.

You CAN OC your processor with crap value ram riceball just made a tiny mistake.

Yea you can't overclock your processor without good OCing ram
no you dont, as PZERO has also pointed out.

This is why they have memory dividers dude.....so you can OC up your CPU and keep your RAM down at it's stock level.

You should really check your overclocking info before you make a statement like 'you cant OC without good RAM' which is just blatantly incorrect.

What is the reason to OC? I was just gonna do it to make myself feel better about getting a 1.8mhz cpu instead of the 2.0mhz cpu. OC'ing is mainly a gaming thing huh?

rkf76 said:
What is the reason to OC? I was just gonna do it to make myself feel better about getting a 1.8mhz cpu instead of the 2.0mhz cpu. OC'ing is mainly a gaming thing huh?

i hope you mean Ghz not Mhz. anyways the reason to OC is you can get more bang for your bucks, i mean buying a 100 dollar processor and OC'ing it to a 300 dollar processor :eek: i mean your saving 200 bucks here thats a deal, but as always OC may mess up your stuff but you can always return it :p

PZEROFGH said:
i hope you mean Ghz not Mhz. anyways the reason to OC is you can get more bang for your bucks, i mean buying a 100 dollar processor and OC'ing it to a 300 dollar processor :eek: i mean your saving 200 bucks here thats a deal, but as always OC may mess up your stuff but you can always return it :p
LOL, yeah I mean't ghz, my bad.

Is Wintec a good brand for RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom